1 Beyond CEO Terry Cullen and Barry Pugatch, MIT Video Productions (MVP) Director, explained how MIT uses 1 Beyond equipment to capture lectures with multiple cameras and no staff during Campus Technology 15 at the Boston Hynes Convention Center.
The presentation highlighted several of 1 Beyond’s products installed at MIT in Spring 2015 to create automated lecture capture including the AutoTracker, a HD-SDI automatic tracking camera, and U-Switch, a new technology that allows students to switch between four cameras shots. These technologies eliminate the need for camera operators and a live switcher.
You can watch the Tech session in its entirety below:
1 Beyond Products at MIT
MIT was looking for a solution that minimized production and post staff, could record 20Mbps for Ed-X and Archive and could be uploaded the same day for student review.
Here are the 1 Beyond products that made that possible:
The AutoTracker™ Camera:
The AutoTracker is an automatic tracking PTZ cameras. It eliminates need for camera person to track presenter.
- No camera operator needed
- Camera auto pan-tilt-zooms to follow professor
- 2 cameras in one (1 PTZ & 1 Wide Angle)
- Uses advanced facial recognition and motion detection technology
- Zooms in and follows professor smoothly
- Not distracted by other movement or people
- No accessories required for professor to worry about
- Automatically detects as professor enters “priority zone”
- No training of staff necessary
The U-Switch™ Appliance & Player
The U-Switch Appliance records 4 inputs and uploads a web-deliverable which when played in the U-Switch Player allows students to switch between multiple camera angles.
- Students get to pick the camera angle they wish to watch
- More engagement by student
- More closely resembles actual classroom experience
- Enables multi-camera experience with no need for AV personnel to live-switch the event
- Immediately available for on-demand viewing
The QuadDDR recorder is automatically records 4x ISO’s in sync in a high quality HD file format suitable for archiving and quality required for Ed-X.
- Record 4 HD-SDI Inputs Simultaneously
- High Quality Files For Post & Archive
- Save Time in Post-Production
- Auto Offload and In Sync Recording
- Automated Calendar-Based Recording
- Start/Stop Recording Automatically
The presentation was given at Campus Technology 15 on July 28th, 2015. Campus Technology is an annual conference for higher-ed technology professionals.
Latest posts by 1 Beyond (see all)
- Innovative Video Conferencing Solution 1 Beyond Collaborate™ AVS Now Shipping - March 8, 2017
- 1 Beyond Announces New More Powerful StreamMachine™ Line - October 26, 2016
- Rave Publications Visits the 1 Beyond InfoComm Booth - June 23, 2016